You are here
Resources for Institutional Strategies to Promote Resilience and Reduce Burnout
These resources offer additional strategies to prevent burnout and promote well-being at the practice level.
- How to Create a Wellness Committee: Creating a wellness committee is a concrete first step an organization can take to foster a culture of clinician wellness.
- Elevator Speech for Approaching Organizational Leadership: Use this printable resource as a guide to initiate a conversation about physician well-being and burnout with organizational executives.
- Table of Interventions: This table provides organizational-level interventions to improve physician well-being. Interventions are classified as addressing either culture of wellness or efficiency of practice, and are further categorized by practice type, resource needs to implement, and time frame to implement.
- AMA Steps Forward: https://www.stepsforward.org/modules/physician-wellness
- American Hospital Association Call to Action, Creating a Culture of Health: http://www.aha.org/research/cor/content/creating-a-culture-of-health.pdf
- National Academy of Medicine announced a new Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience in December 2016, aimed at building a collaborative platform for supporting and improving clinician well-being and resilience across multiple organizations: https://nam.edu/perspectives-on-clinician-well-being-and-resilience/
- Resident Doctors of Canada, Resiliency Training Website: http://residentdoctors.ca/wellness/resiliency/
- Preventing Physician Burnout Linzer M, Guzman-Corrales L, Poplau S. https://www.stepsforward.org/modules/physician-burnout
- Improving Physician Resilience. Finkelstein C. https://www.stepsforward.org/modules/improving-physician-resilience
- Joy in Practice. Linzer M, Poplau S. AMA Steps Forward Module https://www.stepsforward.org/modules/joy-in-medicine
- GWIMS Toolkit: Part-time Faculty in Academic Medicine, Individual and Institutional Advantages. Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Women in Medicine and Science. https://www.aamc.org/members/gwims/toolkit
- Physician Wellness: Preventing Resident and Fellow Burnout. Okanlawon T. https://www.stepsforward.org/modules/physician-wellness
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Symposium on Physician Well-Being: Summary, presentations, references available at http://www.acgme.org/What-We-Do/Initiatives/Physician-Well-Being/2016-ACGME-Symposium-on-Physician-Well-Being
- CHARM Annotated Bibliography of Evidence-Based Well-being Interventions – http://www.im.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1683
- Peer Support Programs for Physicians: Mitigate the Effects of Emotion Stressors Through Peer Support - https://edhub.ama-assn.org/steps-forward/module/2767766