You are here
Medical Educator Resources
From clerkship rotations and conferences to exam prep and faculty development, we’re here to help.
The new Resources for Medical Educators brochure is here! Browse the newly updated interactive catalog for in-depth details about our resources and tips for using them in your institution. View Brochure
Identify Learning Gaps and Prepare Learners for Exams
Internal Medicine In-Training Exam® (IM-ITE®)
Modeled after the ABIM Certification Exam, the IM-ITE is the strongest-known predictor of exam performance and allows you to generate reports identifying common knowledge gaps.
Enhance Your Curriculum: Prepackaged, Evidence-based Resources to Supplement Your Syllabus
Board Prep Curriculum for Educators
Not only is this useful in preparing lectures, it's the most comprehensive prepackaged board preparation course in internal medicine.
Not a member? Join ACP today!
Take advantage of discounts and access to member-exclusive Medical Educator resources.
Demonstrate Scholarship, Enhance Your CV, & Interact with Colleagues
Physician Educators Forum
Share your experiences, methods, ideas, and questions related to medical education with other ACP members.
Supporting Your Program, Chiefs, and Learners
Teaching Medicine Series
This 7-book series summarizes the collective experience and wisdom of expert medical educators.
Get more tips on how to use these resources and more with your learners!
More resources to help identify learning gaps and prepare learners for exams
- ACP Board Review Courses - Offered in May and July, ACP’s 5-day, comprehensive Internal Medicine Board Review Courses feature hundreds of Board-style questions mapped directly to the ABIM blueprint
- Board Review Course Recordings - residents can study at their own pace by reviewing recordings of our live courses coupled with interactive questions
More resources to help enhance your curriculum
- Resident Well-being Learning Series - three modules review strategies to foster well-being, mitigate burnout, and promote the value of collaborative learning environments and positive social interaction; aligned with ACGME requirements for resident training in well-being
- Adult Immunization & Quality Improvement for Residents Curriculum - this customizable mini-curriculum addresses the ACGME requirements for quality improvement
- ACP Pain Management – this self-paced multimedia course includes 7 core learning modules, 2 case-based modules, and additional resources addressing pain assessment and treatment
- Caring with Compassion – this comprehensive curriculum offers 10 hours of case-based content focused on caring for socioeconomically disadvantaged patients
- ACP Obesity Management – three online modules provide essential training for physicians with integrated patient education materials designed to support patient commitment and success
- Critical Care Video Shorts – prepare your interns for their critical care rotations with these interactive whiteboard style videos
- HVC Curricula for Students, Residents, and Subspecialty Fellows - developed jointly with AAIM, these curricula help trainees learn how to evaluate the value of their care
- ACP Journal Club - identify articles for your syllabus using this monthly Annals feature which includes abstract reviews, guidance, and context for interpretation
- ACP JournalWise - this literature alert service can be used to conduct on-demand searches for articles to assign in your syllabus
- POCUS Online Learning Activities – this collection of interactive modules provide essential background knowledge that prepares learners for hands-on instruction
- ACP's Clinical Guidelines and Recommendations - unbiased, evidence-based material that provides a solid framework for teaching clinical reasoning
- In the Clinic® - this monthly feature in Annals of Internal Medicine offers a deep dive into common clinical conditions which can be used as assigned reading or to facilitate discussions during rounds
- Beyond the Guidelines - use this multimedia feature within Annals to challenge learners about real patient cases whose situations don't fit traditional guidelines
- Annals Consult Guys - start a lecture with our popular consultative medicine talk show and engage learners using the corresponding multiple-choice questions
- Getting It Right: Cases to Improve Diagnosis - these interactive case studies address the diagnostic process and how problems can occur
More ways to demonstrate scholarship, enhance your CV, and interact with colleagues
- Doctor's Dilemma® - conduct a "medical quiz bowl” competition using content from our mobile app, and send the winning team to compete at your local chapter meeting
- Annals Fresh Look - point your residents to our resident- and early career physician-focused blog containing reflections on Annals content
- Submit content to Annals – submit cover photos, On Being a Doctor narratives, graphic narratives, case reports, brief research reports, and more
More ways ACP supports your program, chiefs, and learners
- For residents and chiefs:
- IMpower – nonclinical tools and resources for residents crafted by ACP leaders, experienced internists, and prominent podcasters, customized by PG year
- Chief Resident’s Corner - ACP provides resources specifically to help Chief Residents in their teaching role, including interactive webinars
- Waxman Scholarships for Chief Residents - Chiefs are invited to apply for an opportunity to teach popular clinical skills workshops under the guidance and mentorship of expert faculty
- For medical schools and students:
- Internal Medicine Interest Group Sponsorship Program - Get funding, resources, and learning opportunities for your school's IMIG if 30% or more of your medical students join ACP
- IMpact – monthly e-newsletter for medical students plus monthly emails based on their career stage
- Additional publications for educators and learners:
- How to Report Statistics in Medicine - provides guidelines for reporting statistical analyses, research designs, and activities commonly used in biomedical research
- How to Write, Publish, and Present in the Health Sciences - presents skills and strategies to avoid rejection and create professional scientific communications
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine - provides a solid grounding in clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine